The Maintenance Manager has overall responsibility for the maintenance of all property and equipment owned or operated by Blue Water Area Transit. Responsibilities include:
- Formulate maintenance plans and determining necessary maintenance intervals to ensure compliance with Federal Transit Administration requirements.
- Formulate maintenance budgets and ensure compliance to it.
- Executive oversight of all maintenance personnel and functions.
- Formulate solutions for equipment malfunctions and determine course of action.
- Determine equipment needs for the safe and efficient maintenance of Blue Water Area Transit equipment and properties.
- Assist in the formulation of equipment specifications.
The Maintenance Assistant oversees the maintenance staff and ensures all necessary procedures and documentation are completed. Responsibilities include:
- Maintaining maintenance schedules on equipment per Federal Transit Administration requirements.
- Maintaining records of all work performed on buses and equipment.
- Keeps time records of maintenance staff.
- Maintains parts inventory.
- Expedites payments for parts to the Director of Procurement.
- Maintains computer assisted maintenance programs.
- Assists the Maintenance Director in day-to-day operations.