How To Ride The Bus
Questions about getting rides in Burtchville Township, Ft. Gratiot Township, Port Huron Township or the City of Marysville (Dial-a-Ride), call our friendly Dispatchers at 810-987-7373. Blue Water Area Transit can send a bus to your home usually within an hour, depending on when you call for service. Reservations made a day or more in advance can usually guarantee a trip to conform to your schedule.
For Fixed Routes and times, check out “Routes and Times” here on our website.
Blue Water Area Transportation Commission
It shall be the policy and practice of Blue Water Area Transportation Commission (BWATC) to provide open-door, curb-to-curb service to all persons in the service area; so long as the passenger is able to reasonably adhere to BWATC standards that will ensure safe, peaceful and comfortable transportation for everyone. The following are the necessary responsibilities of the rider:
1. The passenger is available to board or exit the BWATC vehicle per their request for service.
2. The passenger pays their fare upon boarding, OR has made other suitable arrangements in advance. Drivers do not carry change.
3. The passenger remains seated or stands quietly whenever the vehicle is in motion. All passengers on non-fixed routes must wear seatbelts.
4. The passenger’s language, presence and demeanor does not disrupt the safety, peace and comfort of other passengers or of BWATC employees.
5. To protect the health and well being of BWATC personnel and our passengers. BWATC requires all passengers maintain an acceptable standard of personal hygiene.
a. All passengers and equipment shall be reasonably clean and free of extreme or unpleasant odors. This includes all packages and carry on items.
b. Passengers shall not suffer from incontinence or inability to control body functions.
6. Passengers may not carry open containers of food or beverages onto BWATC vehicles. The use of tobacco and/or drugs is prohibited.
7. Personal audio equipment is permitted with headset only at a volume that does not disturb other passengers or BWATC employees.
8. Passengers are responsible for taking their packages on and off the bus. Most packages, baggage, parcels or grocery sacks carried by paying passenger are allowed. Extremely large items or an excessive number of parcels may be charged an extra full fair.
9. Firearms or weapons of any kind cannot be brought onto any BWATC vehicle.
10. Service animals may accompany their owner on all BWATC vehicles with permission from the Commission. No other animals are allowed.
11. Non-fixed route drivers will wait three (3) minutes from the time of arrival if time allows within the 45 minute window. If no passenger materializes and with communicated release by the dispatcher, the vehicle will leave. Passenger will have to reschedule ride.
12. Passengers who intentionally damage BWATC vehicles or property will be subject to prosecution.
Passengers who cannot conduct themselves according to the above standards are subject to removal, suspension or termination of services.
It shall be the policy and practice of BWATC and its Management and Employees shall make every reasonable attempt to provide and maintain service.
For any passengers who creates disturbances, confronts other passengers or BWATC personnel, or constitutes and affront to public dignity, safety, peace, or comfort, BWATC Management reserves the right to refuse future transportation service.