Office of Procurement
Current Bid Opportunities
Vendors interested in browsing current bid opportunities published by the Blue Water Area Transit Commission Office of Procurement, may do so by clicking here to view Current Bid opportunities
PUBLIC NOTICE BLUE WATER AREA TRANSPORTATION COMMISSION
Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Goal for Federal FY 2024-2026
The Blue Water Area Transportation Commission (BWATC) proposed its Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Goal for Federal Fiscal Years 2024-2026 of 1.4504% each year for Department of Transportation Funded Projects.
A description of the goal methodology is available for public inspection by request during normal business hours (7 am – 4pm) at BWATC’s Administrative Facility located at 2021 Lapeer Avenue, Port Huron, MI. 48060, for a thirty (30) day period ending August 21, 2023. Written comments on the goal will be accepted for 45 days from the date of this notice and may be sent to the address below or to the Regional Civil Rights Officer, FTA, Region V, 200 West Adams Street, Suite 320, Chicago, Illinois 60606.
Blue Water Area Transportation Commission
2021 Lapeer Avenue, Port Huron, MI. 48060
Director of Procurement
The Director of Procurement oversees all aspects of equipment, materials, services and other items purchased by the Blue Water Area Transportation Commission for its day-to-day operations and capital equipment needs. Responsibilities include:
- Ensure conformance to Federal Transit Administration procurement requirements and guidelines.
- Formulate purchase orders and solicit vendors for needed items.
- Formulate specifications for needed equipment and services.
- Formulate contract documents for procurements.
- Ensure the timely delivery of ordered items.
- Ensure conformance to Buy America provisions,.
- Ensure adequate Minority Business participation in procurements..
- Approve payments for delivery items.
The Director of Procurement is the primary contact for any person or business wishing to do business with Blue Water Area Transit.